The Angels Snack Bag Program:
I am inspired to expand this next project thanks to a 6-year-old little boy named Conner…
Conner came in two weeks ago with his mom and sister to shop for winter clothing and new shoes. While I was helping Conner pick out some “cool” clothing, he asked me if we had any apples and gooey rice crispies. He told me he does not get them anymore.
At first I did not know what he was talking about. Then he reminded me, “My mom and I used to take the bus here each week and we got purple bags full of good stuff!” I remembered his family took part in our Summer Food Program.
That night when I went home and opened up our “snack cabinet,” I could not help but think of Conner. In front of me was an array of snacks to choose from.
Wouldn’t it be nice if Conner had the same choice?
What’s in your snack cabinet?? 🍎🍪🍌
Do you stop to think about how lucky you are to have snacks or food to eat?
Will help children like Conner and become a “Snack Angel”?
Join Angels of God and collect and/or prepare healthy snack bags for local hungry children. The Angels Snack Bag Program
Angels of God Community Outreach needs your help to expand our Snack Bag Program to become a yearly project.
Help Angels of God provide free nutritious snacks to local low-income families with children.
We want to bring awareness to the struggles that lower-income families go through to feed their children. Every family that comes to us does not receive food stamps. We have several families where mom and dad are both working full-time jobs, but each person is only making minimum wage. That means, between the two of them, they are bringing in under $17 an hour. This makes it very hard to pay the bills and put food on the table at the same time. Buying extras or snacks is not possible.
Qualified families will be eligible to pick up Snack Bags when they visit the clothing closet or food pantry. We have also teamed up with some local pantries/shelters where we will also distribute the snack bags.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Join our “Snack Bag Team” and help us develop this program, deliver snack bags, or spread the word.
- Snack Bag Drive- Hold a snack drive at your church, office, or in your neighborhood and donate the snacks to Angels of God.
- Collect & assemble- Hold a Snack Food Drive or purchase the items. Then get a group or friends, family, or coworkers together and assemble the Snack Bags. Kids can also decorate the bags with stickers or by coloring it. Next, fill the bags with YOUR favorite snacks. Each bag does not need to be the same. That’s what’s fun about it! Opening up the snack bag to an array of surprises!
- Be a Snack Bag Sponsor– Visit our Snack Bag Amazon wish list, and purchase an item. Amazon will have it shipped directly to us.
Angels of God Snack Bag Wish List Link: http://a.co/j1e1qjY
Or make a monetary donation and we will do the shopping for you.
- Come to a Snack Bag Assembly Day- We will be posting days that you can come in to volunteer and assemble snack bags at our location. Stay tuned!
For more information about the Snack Bag Program,
Please call/txt 856-625-8652
Here are some ideas of what you can put in the Snack Bags:
* Granola bars
* Cheese or peanut butter crackers
* Individual small cereal box
* Easy Mac
* Juice boxes
Individual bags of
* Veggie Chips
* Goldfish crackers
* Individual plastic containers of applesauce
* Fruit snacks
Angels of God Community Outreach