BE A “SNACK ANGEL”!! Angels of God Community Outreach needs your help to continue to run the Summer Snack Bag Program.
Hunger does not take a vacation…. Help Angels of God provide free nutritious snacks and easy to make meals to local low-income families with children. During the summer months, many families struggle to put food on the table, with children home for three meals per day. Many of these children receive free or reduced price breakfasts and lunches during the school year. Please assist us with our Summer Snack Bag Program for our families in need.
We want to bring awareness to the struggles that lower-income families go through in feeding their children during the summer recess. When the kids are on summer vacation, a family’s income may be stretched from not only buying more food but also from child-care costs. The Summer Snack Bag Program will run from June 21st through end of Aug. During this time period qualified families will be eligible to pick up a Summer Snack Bag on a designated pick up day. The whole idea of this program is to provide easy to eat foods for children to eat during the summer months. Also if parents are working kids can easily grab and eat something on their own.
How can you help?
- Be a Snack Bag Sponsor- Your monetary donation in any amount will help implement this program and provide healthy snacks to area low income children over the summer.
- Snack Bag Drive- Hold a snack drive at your church, office, or in your neighborhood.
- Donate non-perishable healthy snacks- We will be collecting snack foods items and easy to make meal items.
We will be open every Tue. and Sat. 9am-12noon for food donations. Or contact us to set up a drop off time.
For more information about the Summer Snack Bag Program,
ITEMS WE WILL BE COLLECTING (Please note we will continue to collect all non-perishable foods during the summer months but listed are this items needed for our Summer Snack Bag Program)
- Granola bars
- Peanut butter
- Cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Macaroni and cheese
- Easy Mac
- Cans of soup
- Juice boxes
- Veggie Chips
- Goldfish crackers
- Wheat thins
- Individual plastic containers of applesauce
- Fruit snacks
- Pancake mix
- Pancake syrup
- Any other snack type / easy to make foods.
ANGELS OF GOD COMMUNITY OUTREACH
334 South Broadway Pitman, NJ 08071