TAKE THE BROWN BAG CHALLENGE! Will YOU help me feed local low income children & families this Summer? Pick up a brown bag at Angels of God 334 South Broadway Pitman, NJ 08071 any Tue, Wed, or Sat 9am-12 take it home and place it on your kitchen counter. Every time you go food shopping pick up one or two extra items and place them in the “Angels of God Brown Collection Bag”, when it is full drop off to Angels of God any Tue, Wed or Sat 9am-12noon.
Hunger does not take a vacation…. Help Angels of God Community Outreach provide free nutritious food to local low-income children. During the summer months, many families struggle to put food on the table with children home for three meals per day. Many of these children received free or reduced price breakfasts and lunches during the school year.
We want to bring awareness to the struggles that lower-income families go through in feeding their children during the summer recess. Many “working poor” families do not qualify for poverty relief programs because they earn just above the federal poverty level. When the kids are on summer vacation, a family’s income may be stretched from not only buying more food but also from child-care costs. The Summer Food Bag Program will run from June 21st through Aug. 27th. During this time period qualified families will be eligible to pick up Summer Food Bags on designated pick up days.
How can you help?
1. Order off our Amazon Summer Food Bag WISH-LIST HERE> http://a.co/7wwIFfY and the items will ship right to us.
2. Monetary Donation- Your financial donation in any amount will help us provide healthy snacks to area low income children over the summer. All donations are tax deductible.
Donations can be made via www.PayPal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Mail/In Person at Angels of God 334 S Broadway Pitman NJ 08071
3. TAKE THE BROWN BAG CHALLENGE! Pick up a brown bag at Angels of God 334 South Broadway Pitman, NJ 08071 any Tue, Wed, or Sat 9am-12 take it home and place it on your kitchen counter. Every time you go food shopping pick up one or two extra items and place them in the “Angels of God Brown Collection Bag”, When it is full drop off to Angels of God any Tue, Wed or Sat 9am-12noon.
4. Summer Food Drive- Hold a Summer Food Drive at your church, office, or in your neighborhood.
5. Donate Food Items– We will be collecting snack foods items and easy to make meal items.
ITEMS WE WILL BE COLLECTING (Please note we will continue to collect all non-perishable foods during the summer months but listed below are the items needed for our Summer Food Bag Program)
• Granola bars
• Peanut butter
• Cheese or peanut butter crackers
• Macaroni and cheese
• Easy Mac
• Pasta Sauce
• Cans of soup
• Juice boxes
• Veggie Chips
• Goldfish crackers
• Wheat thins
• Individual plastic containers of applesauce
• Fruit snacks
• Pancake mix
• Pancake syrup
• Any other snack type / easy to make food.
We will again provide fresh fruits and vegetables during our summer food program thanks to our special Angel Sonny!
ANGELS OF GOD COMMUNITY OUTREACH 334 South Broadway Pitman, NJ 08071
For more information about the Summer Food Bag Program, Contact AngelsClothingCloset@gmail.com or txt/call 856-625-8652